"I have to say I was really impressed with this one; the taste and texture of the sweet potato bun along with the flavors of the lamb and ginger-cilantro aioli was delish! I hope you and your family enjoy this as much as we did!"
- Sarah Fragoso, Everyday Paleo
LAMB SLIDER INGREDIENTS
2 pounds ground grass fed lamb
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon bacon fat
Garnishes for sliders; romaine lettuce, red onion, Roma tomatoes and dill pickles
LAMB SLIDER INSTRUCTIONS
1. Season your grass fed lamb meat with the salt, pepper and garlic; mix together and with your hands and create your sliders. We made a total of 12 sliders, about 1/2 inch thick and about 4 inches across (more of an oval shape to fit the “bun”).
2. Heat the bacon grease in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the sliders for about 3-5 minutes per side. Lamb cooks quickly, so watch closely and do not overcook! Overcooked lamb tastes too gamey in my opinion.
SWEET POTATO "BUN" INGREDIENTS
3 medium to large white sweet potatoes peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (lengthwise), a good knife will come in handy here.
Sea salt, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, italian seasoning
SWEET POTATO "BUN" INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Lightly season sliced white sweet potatoes with sea salt, garlic powder, pepper, oregano and italian seasoning. Place sliced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet that is lightly coated with coconut oil and bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes, then flip them over and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until done.
3. Let finished sweet potatoes rest for a few minutes
GINGER-CILANTRO AIOLI INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup homemade mayo
1 teaspoon diced jalapeño
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
GINGER-CILANTRO AIOLI INSTRUCTIONS
1. Mix all ingredients togther in a bowl.