"No, silly. These do not have real peanut butter in them. I wouldn’t do that to you. People would get angry. They would call me a hypocrite for claiming to be paleo while eating peanut butter and they would stop coming to my site. So no peanut butter here. But maybe some in my pantry. Whoops."
- Taylor Riggs, Taylor Made It Paleo
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut/seed butter)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks (or dark chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
2. Combine coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, combine sunflower seed butter, egg, and vanilla.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet until all are well combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chunks.
6. Spoon rounded tablespoons of batter onto baking sheet and flatten each with the back of a spoon.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Eat your nut free heart out.